Tuesday, January 15, 2013

MLK Fun Stuff and a Freebie!

Today doesn't feel like Tuesday...I am already tired! It feels more like Thursday! Good thing the rest of the week is filled with fun stuff! :)

Tomorrow my little friends will be wearing these headbands and bracelets that they made today to celebrate the life of Martin Luther King, Jr. They had so much fun with this activity! I was amazed how they got so into it and at the end of the activity could name what each color stood for! I love 'em!! :) Since we made these at the very end of the day, I didn't let them take them home so they could wear them tomorrow. They were so disappointed!


As I started teaching about Martin, I notice that there were quite a few students that were a little confused with the word "dream". Most of the kids only thought of the word dream as something that they do at night when they are sleeping. So I took this teachable moment to teach about multiple meaning words. {ELA L.K.4a Identify new meanings for familiar words and apply them accurately.}! Hey look at that!! I created this freebie and would love to share it with you!

Well I am off...this week is "Celebrate Literacy" Week at school and I have to decide on a fun book character for my outfit tomorrow! Any suggestions?!?!

Happy Tuesday!

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment