Thursday, January 2, 2014

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!

It has been a VERY VERY long time since I have posted on this poor little blog! I could lie and say "oops!" but it wasn't an "oops!". The past few months I have taken time for myself. Sometimes I think I can "do it all", but really I can't! Something had to "give", and it was blogging! I have enjoyed the extra time to spend with family and friends, especially over the holidays!

I am linking up with Blog Hoppin' to share my plans for the new year! For Day 1 (I'm a day behind, I will catch up tomorrow!) I am sharing my goals for my family in the new year! This year I will BE PRESENT in every moment! It is so easy to get wrapped up in my many to-do lists for school, the house, and everything else that even when I'm doing things with the people I love, I am thinking about all the other "things" I have to do! I don't want gray hair any sooner than necessary...so it is time to live a little bit more stress free and know that "it all will get done"! And really, how much "sparkle" are you leaving with others if you are always consumed with what needs to get done!?!

So this year it is time for more cuddling, more date nights, more laughs, more hugs and kisses with the man that holds my heart!
We live in South Florida, but most of our families live in Pennsylvania or Jamaica. It is the only thing I dislike about living where I do. When I do get to see my family I truly treasure the moments! This year I will have many more of those moments!
Over the years, my family has grown. Even though my friends were not born into my family, they definitely feel like family. Being away from "real" family, these cherished friends have helped to fill my heart with love! I am grateful for each one of them! Taking time to enjoy these friendships is a MUST and expressing my love for them is so important!

I hope as you make your resolutions, and work at making them a reality, you keep one of my favorite sayings in mind...
Blessings to you and your family in 2014!

Check back tomorrow for my crafting, creating and fitness goals! Go link up with Blog Hoppin' to share and receive some new year inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment