Thursday, September 25, 2014

I Love Me! I Am Drug Free! {Red Ribbon Week in Kindergarten}

Red Ribbon Week is coming up in just a few weeks. Finding things that are Kindergarten appropriate is tricky, so I wanted to share some of the resources that I use in my classroom.

I found this YouTube video, it was a good reminder of why red!

A great picture book to read to the students is Sarah's Sick Day by Erainna Winnett. This easy read helps the students learn why taking medicine by yourself is an unsafe choice.
The author of this book has a website with lots of FREE resources as well! Check them out HERE

I use coloring sheets, printables and sorting activities from this pack. 


Of course since Red Ribbon Week is really close to Halloween, I HAVE to have my kiddos decorate and say no to drugs in a very CREEPY way! ;) I usually have my kids make one of these craftivities.


What do you do to teach your little ones about Red Ribbon Week?

No comments:

Post a Comment